After going to a lavender farm a few weeks ago and being disappointed by the lack of actual lavender, Garrett suggested that we spend this past weekend checking out the Carlsbad Flower Fields. Turns out we were out of luck again, as the flowers fields are only open until Mother’s Day! I guess we should start doing more research before heading out on day trips! Luckily we were able to get some cute pictures in the parking lot and at this beautiful nursery that was open. This isn’t exactly how I thought these pictures were going to turn out but, I think they still came out pretty awesome thanks to Garrett :). This is one of my favorite summer outfits because it’s so easy. Using these 5 pieces, that you probably already have in your closet, you too can easily create your summer uniform.
1. Floral Tops: Embrace the summer vibe with a fun printed top. I love this off the shoulder on that I got last years from Haute and Rebellious, shop similar styles below!
2. High Waisted Shorts: High waisted silhouettes are always my go-to, personally I think thy are the most flattering. If you can find the perfect pair of shorts I promise you’ll find yourself reaching for them everyday.
3. Straw Bag: I love a straw bag because they are so versatile, you can wear it everyday and take it to the beach or on vacation with you. They can also be accessorized with scarfs, pom poms and ribbons!
4. Comfortable Shoes: I’m outside and exploring all the time in the summer so I need something I can walk in, I love the platform trend because you still get the effect of a heel without the pain.
5. Simple Accessories: Not pictured because I forgot my sunnies and it was super cloudy this day. But, some dainty jewelry and a cute pair of sunglasses is always a good way to top off an outfit and add some flare.