Happy Monday! This weekend we celebrated Garrett’s Birthday, my love turned 28! I’m so happy to have celebrated another year with him. We didn’t go too crazy this year, but I wanted to share what we did and some fun facts about Garrett.
Friday was his actual birthday and I couldn’t think of a better gift than food! Garrett loves to eat, I mean, who doesn’t! I made all his favorite foods, starting with a big fruit salad, which we ate all weekend. Then, we started off dinner with a caesar salad. For the main course we had lobster tails with lemon garlic butter and a parmesan bread crumb topping (recipe HERE) and a pan seared top sirloin with a balsamic herb cream sauce (recipe HERE). I don’t normally cook much, but I must say it came out really yummy! For dessert I made his favorite carrot cake, which I hate, but it’s not my birthday! After dinner we went out for drinks at a cool speak easy bar called Vin de Syrah for some crafty cocktails.
On Saturday we did brunch at The Rabbit Hole. $15 bottles of champagne + $5 bloody mary’s + good food= a fabulous day! I wore a cute casual outfit featuring a few of my new favorite pieces. Including this tan duster jacket from SheIn and my velvet platforms. The duster is a great wardrobe staple and is a classic touch to any outfit.
1.His official Birthday was Friday, January 5th. He’s 28 years young, making us 5 years apart.
2. We met at San Diego State University while I was waiting for a friend to let me into a party and he was leaving the gym. He stopped and gave me his number to go to his party later. I didn’t go, but I did text him 🙂
3. He loves cuddles and attention more than anyone I’ve ever met. I pretend it annoys me, but I let him know that I miss it the second he leaves my side. After 5 years I’m happy to still have this close of a bond with him.
4. He’s very active/ competitive. Whether it be playing sports, going to the gym or playing FIFA against friends and screaming at the TV!
5. He’s pretty awesome at soccer. In high school he lived in Munich for a year to train and play.
6. He’s also pretty awesome at photography, Garrett takes all the photos on my blog! I had no idea he had this skill when I first asked him to do an outfit shoot for me. Boy, did I luck out!
7. At his day job he works in technology sales and manages a 10 million dollar book of business.
8. After college he had to move to Colorado for job training. We did long distance for 6 months. When he moved back we got our apartment together.
9. He’s a Dad!
10. He gets hooked on random things and then drops them like they never existed. For example, he’ll eat the same food item everyday and then one day switch to something else. He does the same thing with TV shows, it drives me nuts when he doesn’t finish a series after getting me hooked!
*Thank you Shein for gifting me the jacket for this post!